Let loose your inner sport strategist and sign up to be a Bench or Line-up Manager for Leeds Roller Dolls!
We are recruiting for the all-important Bench and Line-Up Managers for our 2012 bouting season, which runs from May to October.
The role of bench and line-up manager is vital to the smooth running of any bout, and play an important role in the success of the team!
What We Are Looking For -
Bench Manager -
Ideally someone what already has at least a basic understanding of roller derby tactics.
Line-up Manager -
You will need and interest in roller derby but no other previous experience required, although some experience with team sports may be useful.
Got what it takes?
We want people who are -
- Calm under pressure
- Able to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Happy to work with different personality types
People in either role will need to -
- Attend one scrimmage session per week (Thursday or Sunday)
- Attend pre-bout tactics talks and post-bout footage viewing at training sessions.
- Be available for both intra-league and inter-league bouts to a reasonable degree.
- Work with Captains and line-up team members to develop understanding of overarching game strategy, specific plays and players.
- Take and pass the WFTDA rules test.
Fear not! Any bench or line-up manager will be mentored by the captains of our bouting teams, Rebel Roses and The Whip-Its. Training and support will be provided to ensure that any member of the bench team will feel supported in their role.
Please send any expressions of interest to Hydra Electric (hydraelectric.240v@gmail .com) by end of February.
Ideally bench staff will be in place and settled by the end of March to get working with the team in advance of our opening bout on May 5th 2012.
Photo Courtesy of Jason Ruffell